PSTN calls through Edge proxy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

With LCS 2005, it was possible to set up the home server and access proxy so that calls to the PSTN (either from an AD contact or by typing a phone number into the 'find' box) would route MOC -> LCS -> LCS AP -> Clearinghouse - essentially this was the default route for all traffic within the installation.

Within OCS, the default behaviour seems to be to process PSTN calls using the new phone usage/location profile/route functionality - which currently can only route out to a mediation server (I realise this will change to the new advanced gateway in RTM). However, is there any way of routing the PSTN traffic out towards the edge proxy - or indeed using an old style pool level static route? I've tried taking apart a working mediation server config and adding pool level routes, with no joy....

Many thanks

Justin
    Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:04 PM

Answers

• I have implemented RTM, which has the same functionality. As far as I can tell it works like this by design, which is unfortunate as it reduces the options for third party SIP termination - which would be a great feature to round off the product.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Justin,

Can you update this thread? Have you implemented the RTM version and confirmed this is still an issue.?

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:53 PM
  • I have implemented RTM, which has the same functionality. As far as I can tell it works like this by design, which is unfortunate as it reduces the options for third party SIP termination - which would be a great feature to round off the product.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:21 PM