Trojan Win32/Delf.KA RRS feed

• Question

• It's nice that OneCare finds this trojan but then it says it can't quarantine it.  No other help is offered.  What can I do to get rid of this pest?

If someone can help get me started in the right direction I would appreciate it.  

Thanks
    Friday, September 12, 2008 2:18 AM

Answers

• Hey  WingerRx

To know more about why it failed to qurantine can you send me the detailed logs. Instructions are below hwo to send the logs. you cna find the log file in below location

Vista

1. c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG)

XP

2.      c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG) (This is if you have win xp)

Note : These are hidden so you have to make sure that you enable show hidden files and folders

Let me know if you face any problem in the above steps

You can email  me the logs at

montyj@microsoft.com

Thanks

Monty Jain[MSFT]

Friday, September 12, 2008 3:14 AM

All replies

• Hey  WingerRx

To know more about why it failed to qurantine can you send me the detailed logs. Instructions are below hwo to send the logs. you cna find the log file in below location

Vista

1. c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG)

XP

2.      c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\OneCare Protection\Support\MPLOG*(some file which starts with MPLOG) (This is if you have win xp)

Note : These are hidden so you have to make sure that you enable show hidden files and folders

Let me know if you face any problem in the above steps

You can email  me the logs at

montyj@microsoft.com

Thanks

Monty Jain[MSFT]

Friday, September 12, 2008 3:14 AM
  • See this post for information about Quarantine Failed - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1548384&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:19 PM
  • Hmmm.... I recently ended up with a virus called trojan horse downloader.small.EZZ  I believe to be located at C:\oetbewt.exe
    I downloaded Windows Live One Care (removing AVG in the process) for the trial version....... Live One keeps telling me it has cleaned it up...... but the next day it says Trojans are present and does the same thing! I'm thinking of purchasing Live One if it does work as the web site claims ....... but so far I still have the virus!!  Can you help?!  I have Windows XP Media edition.

ReceivingRed
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:32 AM
  • Oh one other thing ...... though my auto updates are on it always shows RED......
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:46 AM
  •  ReceivingRed wrote:
    Oh one other thing ...... though my auto updates are on it always shows RED......

Since OneCare is not completely removing the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:40 PM