Can't login to remote Vista computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello-

I am working from behind my firewall at work (Microsoft) and attempting to remote into in into my home server.  My server is a Dell XPS Quad Core running Vista.    I have done this before with no problem.  The only change is that I recently (4/27/2010) reloaded my work laptop (Dell Lattitude running Windows 7 - 64bit) with all of the final release versions of all Office 2010 apps instead of the pre-release apps.  I now can no longer log into my home server.  I get the following:  Cannot login into remote computer. Error code: 000001F6, 10.  Please help

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:17 PM

Answers

• It's now 5/12 and the problem is back.  Same error code: 000001F6, 10.  I can't log into my home computer from work.  So I suspect that this is an intermittant back-end problem.  At any rate - I can't afford this kind of uncertainty and instability so I'll have to start looking for other solutions.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:36 PM

All replies

• I got the same problem, waiting for solution.  I didn't install anything new to my home computer win7 x64 at all.  Just doesn't work anymore.  Suspecting internal firewall blocks it.

Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:51 PM
  • I have not encountered this error code before, so I can't tell you what it means.

I suspect, however, that it is either a firewall blocking issue or it is simply another manifestation of the remote desktop connectivity issues people have been reporting over the past several weeks related to the service upgrades taking place on the back end in preparation for the next version. See: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/0b0d703f-ed30-491d-89b2-29de62f4e2ed

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, May 3, 2010 12:18 PM
  • Thanks for the responses (Stephen Boots & xqiu).  Want to provide a quick update.  Over the weekend I uninstalled and reinstalled Mesh on my Vista server at home.  Everything now seems to be working properly.  I have no way of knowing if the un-install, re-install solved the issue or if some of the backend server issues were resolved over the weekend.  Either way, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will continue to work properly.  I will certainly provide additional updates if problems start to resurface.
    • Marked as answer by Texter Monday, May 3, 2010 8:52 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Texter Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:34 PM
    Monday, May 3, 2010 8:43 PM
  • It's now 5/12 and the problem is back.  Same error code: 000001F6, 10.  I can't log into my home computer from work.  So I suspect that this is an intermittant back-end problem.  At any rate - I can't afford this kind of uncertainty and instability so I'll have to start looking for other solutions.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 9:36 PM
  • I marked your last reply as Answer as I agree that it is likely a back end issue/account issue. Since we're waiting for a new release of Live Mesh, issues in the environment right now aren't getting the attention that we would like. Since Live Mesh is a beta, if you need something reliable, I agree that you should seek an alternative for now.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 12:05 PM