Mr. RRS feed

• Question

• I deployed my website on local IIS created in Visual Studio 2015 which is having database file in App_data Folder. when I access localhost it works fine.. but it give error when I try to access a page connecting to database file. It gives the following error.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Cannot create an automatic instance. See the Windows Application event log for error details

But when I run it from within visual studio... it works fine..

• Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Monday, July 2, 2018 12:26 AM asp.net in vb language
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 6:49 PM

All replies

• Please post ASP.Net related questions to forums.asp.net

You'll need to ensure that your deployment options are set correctly and that the server is configured to run local SQL instances.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Monday, July 2, 2018 12:26 AM