Windows 7 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I am confused and need some direction. Wife and I have 2 laptops with windows 7 home, and 2 desktops with vista. I want to upgrade to windows 7 professional ( I still need to run software in theVista mode). In looking at the price of upgrades, it would cost around $700. This is to expensive. I still need to run older products, such as Office 2003, visio2003, project scheduler ( company purchased ).

I have always been a pc user. I stayed away from Apple products due to monopoly stratigies. I sense that this is Microsofts direction. Please show me that i am wrong.

How can i do this upgrade at reasonable expenses.

Sunday, April 4, 2010 1:40 PM

Answers

• Hello Ed Fuentes,

The most cost effective way to buy Windows is, and always has been, preinstalled on a new computer.  Not sure why you did not buy the new Win7 laptops with Win7 Professional instead of Win7 Home Premium.

An even more basic question is, do you really need Win7 Professional?  Many people think they do by after careful analysis may find they really do not need it.  What specifically does Professional do for you that Home Premium does not?

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, April 5, 2010 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hello Ed Fuentes,

The most cost effective way to buy Windows is, and always has been, preinstalled on a new computer.  Not sure why you did not buy the new Win7 laptops with Win7 Professional instead of Win7 Home Premium.

An even more basic question is, do you really need Win7 Professional?  Many people think they do by after careful analysis may find they really do not need it.  What specifically does Professional do for you that Home Premium does not?

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Monday, April 5, 2010 3:40 AM
  • Hello Bro!

What Type Vista do u have?

and

Recommand thing......is Windows 7 Starter..........is the lite

Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:15 PM