none
I want to confirm that SORA can send message with sample driver but.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!! I can't confirm that SORA can send a signal with Sample Drivier, SoftWifi. Please give me some advice.

I try to confirm SORA send packet. So, I make SORA to send ping massage while Sniffing packets by AirPcap.

but I can't find SORA's packet. 

So, I try to change parameter, Txgain from 0x80 to 0x1f0. But, I can't still find SORA's message.

and I try to ping with changing Txgain from 0x80 to 0x1f80.

Other setting is,,

datarate = 1 Mbps

rxpa = 0x2000

rxgain = 0x1000

channel = 3 (2422)

and distance between Antenna of SORA and Labtop is about 30 cm

Why SORA can't send a message?

Should I configure other element such as rxgain preset??

Give me some advice , plz

Thanks!

• Edited by ByungKeon Ko Monday, September 19, 2011 10:06 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The best way to confirm whether the hardware performs well is to use a spectrum analyzer. If you cannot see anything on the expected channel, your Sora board may be broken and you can contact the vendor to fix the board for you.

If you don't have a spectrum analyzer but you have a spare Sora board, you can use Sora to take a snapshot of the channel. It is very simple by using dut tool.

Hope that helps,

Thanks,

- Kun

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:26 PM
  • Thanks for your help!

I succeed to make SORA communicate with broadcom Network adapter, but I still can't communicate with Intel Network adapter.

Analyzing with AirPcap(WireShark), I figured out that SORA can accept a packet from Intel Network adapter, but Intel Network adapter cannot accept a packet from SORA.

Do You Know why?

Is there anyone who succeed to communicate with Intel Network adapter?

Thanks.

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:48 AM