none
Closing files and shares RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I am about to remove a drive, but get the warning that shared forlders are being used, notably by a user name I fail to find. It apperas to be a system generated name as it composed of the computer name prefixed by MC- used on that computer. How do I find that user and how do I close a share?

Thabk you
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:13 PM

Answers

• It's kind of academic now. I powered down the WS in question and started the console from another WS and WHS had no objection. I'll see what happens at the next disk migration.

It's because your Media Center on the computer in question was running (or at least had the file open for some reason).  That's why it was MC-computer name, and also why rebooting it closed the file.
    • Marked as answer by hauge48 Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:42 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:07 AM

All replies

• Try restarting your server first.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 5:19 PM
  • It's kind of academic now. I powered down the WS in question and started the console from another WS and WHS had no objection. I'll see what happens at the next disk migration.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 7:47 AM

It's because your Media Center on the computer in question was running (or at least had the file open for some reason).  That's why it was MC-computer name, and also why rebooting it closed the file.
    • Marked as answer by hauge48 Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:42 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:07 AM