none
APIs to programmatically detect if WCF components are enabled or not.

Question

• Hi,

I am developing an installer module for which need to check if following prerequisites are enabled or not.

1. WCF HTTP Activation
    2. WCF Non-HTTP Activation
    I checked thread "http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4345475/how-to-programmatically-check-wcf-http-non-http-activation-components" but it does not seem reliable way to check for activation of the WCF components because it is mentioned that even if components are not installed, following registry keys are set to value DWORD (1).

1. Process Model - ProcessModel
    2. .NET Environment - NetFxEnvironment
    3. Configuration APIs - WASConfigurationAPI

After more googling, i found that using "Windows powershell" and "Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)" tool, we can check but following are issues:

1. I do not want dependency on windows powershell.

2. DISM does not support for all operating systems as given in DISM Supported Platforms.

Therefore, please suggest C# APIs, if available, to check if WCF components are enabled or not.

Any other methods, not mentioned above, to programmatically check those components would also be helpful.

.NET = 4.0

Operating System: Windows XP and above, Windows Server 2003 and above.

Thanks in advance,

Ashwini K

• Edited by Ashu_K Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:06 AM
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:49 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Tuesday, April 26, 2016 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Discussion Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:43 PM
  • Hello,

You might ask in the WCF Data Services forum, or perhaps in the Visual C# Language forum on MSDN.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hello,

You might ask in the WCF Data Services forum, or perhaps in the Visual C# Language forum on MSDN.

Karl

Hi,

I apologize for asking question in the wrong forum and have now asked the same question in forum "Windows Communication Foundation, Serialization and Networking".

Thanks,

Ashwini K

• Edited by Ashu_K Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 6:20 AM