CRM outlook client Track button. RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I was hoping someone here has already solved the problem I am facing and would be so kind to share the information.

My Crm system is online and I need to make sure that every email that is tracked into the system from the outlook client has something in the regarding field (i.e. make every track work like "Set Regarding" button is pressed).

I read somewhere that for on-premise there was a workaround by updating a setting in the database (OverrideTrackInCrmBehaviour), is there any way to do this for CRM online ?

Best regards

Halldor Johannsson

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, June 26, 2015 10:28 AM

Answers

• So I managed to get this done, for those that are interested in knowing how to here is what I did.

1. Downloaded the crm org tools from this location https://orgdborgsettings.codeplex.com/
    2. Imported the solution into my CRM system.
    3. Opened up the solution and clicked configuration (second line on the left)
    4. Found my setting OverrideTrackInCrmBehaviour
    5. Clicked add to add the setting since it did not exist in my system
    6. Clicked edit and changed the setting to 1 and updated.

You might need to restart the computers where the clients are already installed (or atleast close outlook and open again) for the setting to start working for that client. I installed the client after changing the settings and everything worked good.

Halldór Jóhannsson

Friday, June 26, 2015 11:42 AM