Multiparty Chat fails when only one OCS server is running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed two OCS RC servers in the same pool. Say OCS1 and OCS2.

The installation for OCS1 was done first (and also the pool entry in DNS resolves to OCS1).

Now when OCS1 is not running, and clients (they are logged in to OCS2) try to do MPC, the MPC is not getting initiated. 

An error is logged in OCS entry in EventViewer on OCS1 stating: The Mcu Factory returned failure for a request sent to it.

Only MOC2k5 client initiated MPC is working fine when only OCS2 is running.

If i start OCS1, MPC works fine.

Now the question is that if OCS1 is not running, all the clients were connected to OCS2. Why is MPC giving error in that scenario?

Is this because of some configuration problem?

Thanks

Sanjay

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:07 AM

Answers

• Sanjay,

I believe your second sentance is your problem. The pool DNS entry points to the OCS1 server. So, when OCS1 is shutdown, nothing is responding when anything queries for the pool. Your pool FQDN shold not be the same as any server FQDN. Change this and you should start working as expected.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:13 AM

All replies

• i also see the same behavior on my setup

??

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:18 AM
  • Sanjay,

I believe your second sentance is your problem. The pool DNS entry points to the OCS1 server. So, when OCS1 is shutdown, nothing is responding when anything queries for the pool. Your pool FQDN shold not be the same as any server FQDN. Change this and you should start working as expected.

Saturday, July 7, 2007 12:13 AM