When no one has marked it as answer, how they will put the post as answered? RRS feed

• Question

• When no one has marked it as answer, how they will put the post as answered.

Also, i answered for a question, it was useful to him and he REPLIED thanks but he didnt vote it as answer, will this increase my point ??

pradeep aj

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:03 AM

Answers

• I believe, you are referring to this thread. OP (Original Poster) selected thread type as 'discussion' instead of selecting it as a 'Question' while asking a question.

Though your reply helped OP ( since he had acknowledged that), he/she didn't vote it as helpful hence, you didn't get any credit in terms of points.

Please note that, when thread type is selected as a "discussion", community members or an OP can mark replies as 'Helpful' (only), discussion threads will not have "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer" options.

In your scenario, either OP can change the thread type to 'Question' and/or mark your reply as Answer or vote it as a helpful post.

OR, any moderator of that forum can change the thread type and mark your reply as an answer.

If OP doesn't come back and respond, the only option you will have is to wait for some moderator to recognise the thread and change/mark your reply as an answer.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:31 AM

All replies

• Maybe there'll be a moderator marking your post as answer later.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:23 AM
  • I believe, you are referring to this thread. OP (Original Poster) selected thread type as 'discussion' instead of selecting it as a 'Question' while asking a question.

Though your reply helped OP ( since he had acknowledged that), he/she didn't vote it as helpful hence, you didn't get any credit in terms of points.

Please note that, when thread type is selected as a "discussion", community members or an OP can mark replies as 'Helpful' (only), discussion threads will not have "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer" options.

In your scenario, either OP can change the thread type to 'Question' and/or mark your reply as Answer or vote it as a helpful post.

OR, any moderator of that forum can change the thread type and mark your reply as an answer.

If OP doesn't come back and respond, the only option you will have is to wait for some moderator to recognise the thread and change/mark your reply as an answer.

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Monday, April 29, 2013 9:31 AM
  • If you know moderator of this forum, ask him/her to change the type of the thread. Or post a request here - I have a thread in this forum called 'Wrong type'. The first thread I posted was corrected but unfortunately not anything I posted after that thread was marked as answered. May be I need to unmark it to get all other threads I reported to be corrected as well.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

• Edited by Naomi N Monday, April 29, 2013 11:48 AM
    Monday, April 29, 2013 11:47 AM