none
Question about MCSE exams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,

I got a question about the MCSE certification, when it's going to be retired? Im planning to take the seven exams required and then take the upgrade path to MCITP. I have some customers with WS2008 but I think im going to have to work with 2003 server products a long time,

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have a read of the following as it shows what exams that make up the MCSE certification have already expired http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcse.aspx#certification1
    Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:32 AM
  • Thats all about your need.If you are working under server 2003 then MCSE is gud choice or if you are using server 2008 then g fro mcitp

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:13 PM
  • I have MCSA, and am planning on getting the Security+ exam within the next month.

If I'm reading things right, I'd only need 70-294 and 70-293 to get MCSE. Would it be a good idea to take those two exams? I have done minimal research on them, but it looks like most of it is on stuff I already know. Hence, it should just be a matter of finding some cram material at the library to make sure that that is the case and then scheduling the tests. Given that Server 2003 is being phased out, would it be a waste of money or a good idea?

As opposed to the other plan, of updating my MCSA to 2008. I believe it was the Exam 70-648. If I am reading the information correctly, I only need that one test. This is more difficult, as I have very limited exposure to server 2008, and would actually have to do some learning and studying. It would take me much longer to study for that exam than the above two.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Again, keep in mind that, although the MCSE 2003 is still available, it's based on 8+ year old technology.  The Security+ certification will benefit you in its own right.  That said, having certifications on the most current Windows technology will go a lot further than on stuff that's quickly becoming outdated.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 1:01 PM
    Answerer