Can't connect to server RRS feed

• Question

• I've installed Management Reporter and have done some work, created some reports etc.  Now, when I launch, I get the message 'Can't connect to the Management Reporter Server.  Do you want to specify a different server address?'

I haven't made any changes (that I know of).  If I click 'yes' the server that comes up is http://localhost:4712/

The Mgt Reporter database is installed on a SQL server that is running; I can browse the server, open the db etc.

Any ideas what I may have done, and how to fix?

thanks.
    Friday, February 12, 2010 10:32 PM

Answers

• OK, here was the problem: in IIS, the Management Reporter website uses ASP.NET level 2.0.50727.  In Web Service Extensions, this level was set to Prohibited.  When I reset it to Allowed, Management Reporter works!

This raises a question: what function does IIS have in Management Reporter?  Where does the Management Reporter website come into play?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:06 PM

All replies

• I have seen this happen from time to time when the Management Reporter service is no longer running or need to be restarted.

Also make certain that the world wide publishing service is running as it will impact Management reporter as well.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 8:45 PM
  • No luck... any other suggestions or ideas?  Is there any generally available FAQ or error checklist regarding Management Reporter?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Monday, February 22, 2010 9:17 PM
  • OK, here was the problem: in IIS, the Management Reporter website uses ASP.NET level 2.0.50727.  In Web Service Extensions, this level was set to Prohibited.  When I reset it to Allowed, Management Reporter works!

This raises a question: what function does IIS have in Management Reporter?  Where does the Management Reporter website come into play?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:06 PM