Windows Live - writer causes an issue as it won't uninstall

• hello,

Please can somebody help me? 

I recieved a message Install or update Windows live

I have done this. He did install windows live till 95% en dan turned back (uninstall)

fault messge“”aborted:0x80004004””  and some instructions to uninstall Windows Live Essentials. I can find this on my computer, scaned hole C disk.  

My writer nr is 12.0.1370.0325

Than I have uninstaled everything of Windows live through remove programm. Till Windows live Writer everything went good.

Then I received this message:
    ””This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.””

I have bought my laptop (latitude D600) through my employer.

Also tried:

To uninstall Windows Live Writer, click Start, then type/paste the following and press Enter:

msiexec /x {178832DE-9DE0-4C87-9F82-9315A9B03985}

Via Revo Uninstaller also tried to uninstall  WL writer , also not possible

Also tried:

Via C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live\.cache

b9046ea01cb7a79 : writer.smi (7130KB) windows installer package van 16-04-2010

Notice: Can not delete old version. Contact your system.
    Weet iemand waar ik dit kan vinden op het internet? Of is dit alleen te kopen?”

On other site they suggested to use ""Windows Installer CleanUp"" Where can I find: Windows Installer CleanUp, please

I have searched the web, but I don't know what to do now.

Please help, this is beyond my  knowledge level.

Best regards,

Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:39 AM

All replies

• If you're having issues with Windows Live Writer, and you need to remove it from your system, the obvious thing to do is go to the Control Panel and select Windows Live Essentials Package, and choose the option change [options can be different based on the operating system- so be flexible].

To go directly there...
         Start » Run »
                   Windows Live Essentials

Or this...
         Start » Run »
              [XP]     C:\Program Files\Windows Live\wlarp.exe
              [Windows 7]     C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Installer\wlarp.exe
                   Choose UNINSTALL.

Or Another way...
        Start » Run »
              msiexec /x {178832DE-9DE0-4C87-9F82-9315A9B03985}

If you're concerned about your senstive data, ensure you remove the folders and the path to your posts/drafts from Windows Live Writer.

This is an OLD forum for Windows Live Writer; Microsoft will be shutting it down soon [to be read only]... But...

There's a NEW forum, with more activity and more Microsoft techs working it. If you have questions/suggestions for Windows Live Writer, I suggest you go there and submit your inquiry there...

Here's the URL:

I hope this helps...

Until next time,
    Larry Henry Jr.
    Friday, November 05, 2010 2:32 AM