Help with Data Mapping - CRM IMPORT DATA RRS feed

• Question

• Can i map data from multiple columns in a .CSV file to single TEXT AREA field in the CRM LEAD Form while importing data from .CSV file to CRM using the Import Data Wizard or DMM

While Creating Data Map - it doesn't allow

I know that is the default behaviour but, Is there any workaround to acheive the same or any suggestions???

Also, My .CSV file contains lakhs of records - so structuring it might be a difficult task

Thanks for any help!!!

Cheers, Edwin
    • Edited by Edwin2win Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:46 AM Additional Info
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:44 AM

Answers

• You can use excel to update the .csv file - add a new column and use 'concatenate' to join multiple cell data into one continuous string.
    All you'd need to do is to set the column name the same as the attribute you wish to map to (or Map manually if it doesn't auto-detect)

I use this method frequently when importing leads & contacts - to populate the 'description' attribute with key field data.

hope this helps
    Craig

Our company - XT BASE

My LinkedIn
    • Marked as answer by Edwin2win Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

• You can use excel to update the .csv file - add a new column and use 'concatenate' to join multiple cell data into one continuous string.
    All you'd need to do is to set the column name the same as the attribute you wish to map to (or Map manually if it doesn't auto-detect)

I use this method frequently when importing leads & contacts - to populate the 'description' attribute with key field data.

hope this helps
    Craig

Our company - XT BASE

My LinkedIn
    • Marked as answer by Edwin2win Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:14 PM
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:09 PM
  • I was doing the same as a last resort- thanks that your tips which confirms that i'm on the right path.

Cheers,

Cheers, Edwin
    Tuesday, September 21, 2010 3:14 PM
  • I know it can be a huddle to do these kinds of jobs. You could try to use ImportManager from CRM Extensions. It is very a userfriendly import tool that can manage large and complex import/migration job.

Take a look at: www.crmextensions.com

Jakob

Monday, November 1, 2010 5:01 PM