SQL 2005 Standard Supported? RRS feed

• Question

• Between the planning, supportability and enterprise deployment guides I can't get a good handle on this question:Is SQL Server 2005 Standard supported as a back-end database for a pool and/or a CDR server?

Many of the guides state SQL 2005, but then in some places refer explicity to SQL 2005 Enterprise. What's the official word? I know I have a CDR server running off 2005 Standard, but is the Standard Edition actually a supported configuration?
    Wednesday, February 6, 2008 10:33 PM

All replies

• Good catch - one would have to assume this is an oversight.  From the supportability guide:

·         Enterprise Edition. Any Enterprise pool Back-End Database or Archiving and CDR Server supports the following database management systems:

·         SQL Server 2005 SP2 Enterprise Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit (recommended)

·         SQL Server 2005 SP1 Enterprise Edition, 32-bit or 64-bit

·         SQL Server 2000 SP4 Enterprise Edition

I'll check with my MS contacts on this and get back to you.  There is no technical reason why it shouldn't be supported.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 10:59 PM
  • I got a response back from one of the PMs and he confirmed that it is indeed an omission.  They have started the process to update this information.  SQL 2005 Standard is definitely supported (provided, of course, that it meets your scalability needs).

Thursday, February 7, 2008 6:39 AM
  • Nice. Thanks for checking.
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 8:25 PM