none
watchOS project physical device shows under "Unsupported Devices" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm stuck and while I've found and tried solutions for other symptoms, I have not found any posts where the symptom is the phone being listed under "Unsupported Devices".  The phone and watch are both are on current OS versions so I would hope that is not the problem.  I've got a brand new empty Visual Studio 2019 16.4.2 WatchOS C# project with no companion app, and I have tried deleting and recreating multiple times so it isn't just one bad project creation.

• Xcode can deploy to the physical device so it is connected
    • Visual Studio 2019 on Mac and on Windows can deploy an iOS project to the iPhone
    • Visual Studio 2019 on Mac and on Windows when in a watchOS project list the phone under "Unsupported Devices"
    • Watch Series 3 with 6.1.1, iPhone 6 Plus with 13.3
    • Info.plist on both projects have Deployment Target of 6.1, lowering to 1.0 did not help.
    • Bundle identifiers are the same except the last part and match the wildcard format in the provisioning profile.  The same provisioning profile is targeted for the Xcode and the Visual Studio projects, though I have tried different as well.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get a Visual Studio app to deploy to an Apple Watch.

(edit was just formatting to add the bullet points and this line)
    Friday, December 20, 2019 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi SkipFire,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, Do you use Xamarin for developing? Since our forum is discussing about the usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, I’m afraid this issue is out of our support range. I recommend you could go to Stack Overflow tagged watchos or Stack Overflow tagged apple-watch, deployment and start a new thread to seek for a more professional help.

BTW, I have found some documents that maybe helpful. You could refer to them.

Deploying and Testing watchOS Apps with Xamarin

Testing on Apple Watch Devices

I hope this could help you and sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 23, 2019 6:12 AM
  • Tianyu, as I stated in my post, I am using Visual Studio 2019.
    Monday, December 23, 2019 3:30 PM
  • Hi SkipFire,

Thank you for your feedback.

I consider this issue is caused by the compatibilities between Apple Watch(maybe version) and watchOS project(maybe configuration or framework).

Not sure which version of watchOS project do you use, maybe, you could try to update and use higher version of watchOS project.

Hope this could help you.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 7:23 AM
  • As I stated, the target is set for 6.1 which seems to be the highest option.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2019 3:12 PM
  • Hi SkipFire,

Thank you for reply.

This issue is more related to deployment in Xamarin platform. To troubleshoot it better, we recommend you could redirect to Xamarin.iOS forum, and then you could get dedicated support there.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 26, 2019 8:37 AM