crm question RRS feed

• Question

• please answer this question I have two companies and only one ms dynamics crm. I want to know can I use one crm for tracking each company's customers  Separately at the same time ? this mean log by company's A and track company's a customer and then log by company's B track company's B customer ??? just like outlook that  user can send email with different account Separately
    Sunday, August 31, 2014 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hello saeed,

your requirements are a bit broad and need further clarification. If you want separation of data between two companies, you could create two business units under the same org.

like create a fictitious parent company and make that as root business unit, the create A and B as child business units.

please check business unit function and user and team permissions to come up with a solution for your specific case.

regards

Jithesh

Sunday, August 31, 2014 10:55 PM
  • tnx Jithesh

but how I define some product for only one business unit and some else for other business unit. I don't want that one product be available on 2 business units please help me 

Monday, September 1, 2014 5:21 AM
  • There is permissions in security roles for Business unit User,

Business unit A, can see only their products and use it and Business Unit B can add and see only their products.

Muhammad Sohail

Monday, September 1, 2014 8:37 AM
  • If you are running CRM on-premises then you can have multiple Organizations on the same server. These are totally separate databases. Users would need a user account for the correct Organization (or both). Outlook will only synchronise data with one Org, though (not sure if CRM for Outlook is part of your requirement or just an example you were using).

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:36 PM
  • From what I can understand regarding your query. There are two different companies that require CRM access. They do not need to see each other's data and are different business entities. I agree with Adam that you will need to create a second organisation. This way the data is completely separate.

Please note that because Products are an Organisation owned entity, you cannot use security roles to limit access to Products. A user either has full access to Products or No access. This is still configurable by Read, Write, Delete etc.

To create a new organisation follow the instructions in the following blog post: http://mostlymscrm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/creating-new-organization-in-dynamics.html

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:17 PM