Windows 7 Build 7601. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    This morning when I booted up, I received a "Not Genuine" notification after my PC has been running for few months without a problem. There were some Windows Updates installed when I shut down the PC last night.
    I purchased the PC with version Windows 7 . Is it possible to change the key without having to re-install windows? I tried running the online validation again, but it failed.
    Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:18 AM

Answers

• "ADAM LSH.3887" wrote in message news:832eca53-a6cf-4662-a71c-a9c2024ea427...
    Hi
    This morning when I booted up, I received a "Not Genuine" notification after my PC has been running for few months without a problem. There were some Windows Updates installed when I shut down the PC last night.
    I purchased the PC with version Windows 7 . Is it possible to change the key without having to re-install windows? I tried running the online validation again, but it failed.
    Thanks.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:43 AM

All replies

• "ADAM LSH.3887" wrote in message news:832eca53-a6cf-4662-a71c-a9c2024ea427...
    Hi
    Thanks.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:43 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, May 30, 2011 5:17 PM