Sync Service with SQL Change tracking - How to set the Clientid? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello!

I have the following problem

I'm using WCF Web Service and Windows Mobile 6 device to synchronize my data with an SQL Server (changetracking enabled) Therefore I'm using the local database cache. The synchronisation works so far, BUT is very very slow. Applying the announced hotfix for this matter didn't improve that as well.

Thats why i tried something else.

When the mobile device is connected to a PC, I copy the SQLCE3.5 Database to the PC (file copy). Then i start the synchronisation on the PC, and after this step is finished i copy the file back to the device.

So now the problem is, --> when i start the synchronisation on the PC i always get the error like ..."cannot retrieve changes from the server for table [name]"

My guess is that somehow there is a conflict with the SQL Change tracking session Id's.  Is that possible? If yes, is there a way to set these Id's manually?.

Friday, May 14, 2010 3:44 PM

All replies

• you might want to enable sync tracing to get more information on  the exact error.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 11:48 PM
  • Ok, i will try this later...

Maybe someone can help me with this error message.

When i synchronize from the mobile device, everything works --> but it is very slow.

When i copy the database from the mobile device to the desktop, and sync this file from the desktop i get the error

"Unable to enumerate changes at the DbServerSyncProvider for table 'CUSTOMER' in synchronization group CUSTOMERSyncTableSyncGroup'."

inner Exception: "SQL Server Change Tracking has cleaned up tracking information for table 'dbo.DRAWMAT'. To recover from this error, the client must reinitialize its local database and try again"

So i when copying the database from device to client and then sync it, there might be an error regareding some clientid or something like that ?!?

Saturday, May 15, 2010 6:36 AM