Outlook 2003 will not open RRS feed

• Question

• I also recently install Live Onecare and everything seemed to go fine except when I went to open my Outlook and a message came up that "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close"  I sent the error to Microsoft and the answer was "Problem caused by Microsoft Office 2000:consider upgrading"  I don't have MS Office 2000 but I do have MS Office 2003.  How do fix this so that I can read my email?  Do I have to uninstall Live Onecare and request a refund?

Monday, March 3, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

• I moved your post from the closed archive topic where you posted to. I don't believe that this issue is caused by OneCare, although there may be a relationship. You should be able to seek help for the Outlook problem in the public newsgroups, but I would recommend simply trying a reinstall or repair of Outlook 2003, which should work fine with OneCare.

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 4:07 AM

All replies

• Since no one had any suggestions or fixes....and I did not want to call their support...I changed the program access default from MS Outlook to MS Outlook Express which opened, however, it does not have any of my previous emails but it did bring over my contacts.  So for now I'll use Outlook Express ....at least I do not have to purchase an update and I do not have to get rid of Live Onecare and deal with getting a refund and finding another protection.  But I am afraid to get an update from Live Onecare. 

Thursday, March 6, 2008 4:51 AM
  • I moved your post from the closed archive topic where you posted to. I don't believe that this issue is caused by OneCare, although there may be a relationship. You should be able to seek help for the Outlook problem in the public newsgroups, but I would recommend simply trying a reinstall or repair of Outlook 2003, which should work fine with OneCare.

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/Default.aspx

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 4:07 AM