Re-Activating McAfee in Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, I reactivated Total Protection Service on the McAfee Security center. I signed up for 3 years protection. Normally Windows Home server should recognise my status and doesnt. Is there a way to force the service to restart and force it to connect to McAfee?
    TIA
    Kriboo
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 10:06 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem, I contacted McAfee and they walked me through uninstall/reinstall and the took me to my online account to generate a key.  It now works great.  I used the number in the online security center:  -800-937-2237
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 2:12 PM

All replies

• You're probably going to have to contact the manufacturer of your server, or McAfee, for support...
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Having the same issue, I think.

My trial subscription that came with the server expired.  I purchased a renewal, and now my McAfee TPS site has updated subscrition information, but shows that my lone system regiatered is out of date.

On my WHS, I'm still getting the alert that my virus scan DAT files are out of date.  When I hit "Update Now" in the McAfee TPS Add-In, it says "Your trial has expired", and "Buy Now".  How do I reconnect the updated subscription with the McAfee TPS Add-In?
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 5:07 PM
  • Hi all,

I am also having the same issue.  If anybody gets it corrected please let me everyone know

Thanks

Peesca
    Friday, February 12, 2010 7:43 PM
  • @Peesca
    @nsn1965
    The same will apply to the both of you too :-)  If you have purchased from McAfee and your subscription is not recognised then you should contact McAfee
    --
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 12:45 AM
  • I had my mcafee automatically paid when it expired but could not figure out why using windows home server council would not reactive it, it just kept saying my trial subscription had expired, even thought I had paid the year  before so this should have been an update from a paid subscription.

after a month of fustration and no updates I finally tried to remote access the WHS and from the desktop in the lower right hand corner mcafee said it needed updateing and i just clicked it and it updated with the current new subscription took about 10 minutes on a rogers rocket hub connection.

hope this might help you it worked for me..

Monday, March 29, 2010 4:07 AM
  • I had the same problem, I contacted McAfee and they walked me through uninstall/reinstall and the took me to my online account to generate a key.  It now works great.  I used the number in the online security center:  -800-937-2237
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 2:12 PM