none
I'm ANGRY, too, and I'm ready to do something RRS feed

• Question

• I just lost all the new files that I had started as drafts in Caret.  Apparently MS thinks it's perfectly OK to shut down any app that stands in its way without any consideration as to whether that app will know how to save work in progress that has not yet been saved to a file or given a name.  This is the equivalent of a maid who shreds any papers found on the floor, be it un-deposited checks or a passport.  This has got to stop.  It's at least the fifth time it's happened to me that I've lost valuable intellectual property as a result of MS impatience to reboot my computer.  Oh, and that's not all.  What about the things I was working on online?  That certainly didn't get saved.  So I'm going to have to put in at least 8 hours of work to re-create what MS DESTROYERS UPDATE has wiped out in 30 seconds.  If this happens one more time, MS, don't expect me to do nothing like all the rest of your customers who lose valued data because of your acting with wreckless disregard.  I will lead or join a class action lawsuit against you to recover all the damages I have sustained.  You bastards will pay and pay BIG.  The problem will not be shutting down Windows, but shutting down Microsoft -- for good.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• I'd ask for help with windows issues over here.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:51 AM
  • Windows updates are typically on Tuesday evening and they very often come with unexpected restarts.

See this link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/18ce5aaa-7b40-4355-af8f-7435ee42d7ee/forced-update-how-to-remove?forum=win10itprogeneral

Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:07 AM