Live ID / Login - Money 2005 (International Edition) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Bought new PC (Windows 10) - installed Money 2005 from CD + installed the 2005 patch QFE (International version)

Software is running (I can start, make a new money file, etc...)

Problem is that I can't open my existing file with historic data from 15 years.

I used to be working on Windows 7, with the same Money versions and there I could use the pré-filled information live ID (Email / pw) and use the "Work Offline" - been working like this the last 4 years, without any problems.

With Windows 10, I don't have my préfilled information, so I'm stuck, so also the work offline is no option anymore.

Tried to remove the "Live ID", using Windows 7, but there it's not possible, to use another login method.

So i'm completely stuck.

Anybody seen the same / tips ?

Best regards,

Y

Saturday, July 15, 2017 9:25 AM

All replies

• The Live ID is required to be verified with a server which no longer exists if you try to log on to your file while connected to the internet.

Disconnect from the internet, then log in to your file with your Live ID.

Once logged in, remove the Live ID and replace it with a simple password.

Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:43 AM
  • First, you need to install using a file available in what is currently the second post in this forum. Maybe that is what you called the patch. The installation file is a stand-alone thing.  The CD should not be used for an install.

If you don't remember the credentials in effect at the time when you last saved your file, you will not get in. Write down what you can remember, and keep a paper and pen near the bed in case you remember something.

The password part is case sensitive. The email part needs to be what you entered back then, and that email account does not need to be currently active.

Saturday, July 15, 2017 6:08 PM