auto sync RRS feed

• Question

•  

Does anyone know of a good way to have folders from a PC auto sync to the WHS? I use foldershare for my pc, but you have to login to the web and install it on each pc you wish to use it on, which is not possible on WHS. Is there a good way to sync my folders without paying for costly software? Free perferably.
    Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:34 PM

All replies

• I found one thread talking about using synctoy with scheduled tasks to set it up. However, when you do so the program launches, but you still have to tell it to start the process, is there a way to have the scheduled tasks run this program automatically without any user input?

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 2:50 PM
  • Robocopy and Scheduled Tasks will do the trick nicely.  You could setup a batch file that would execute on a timed basis to synchronize the server folder with your local one.  I'm doing this now with a couple things and it works like a champ.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:14 PM
  • Please do not use synctoy as it is on the list of applications that might result in data corruption when used (or wait until the long awaited windows update that solves this problem is available)

Using Robocopy is just fine. I use it to make databackups from the WHS shares. 

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 9:19 PM