none
Thread composer not redering correctly in FF3.0.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I can't see any of the RTF sections of the composer. The area where I am typing this does not have a border either
    Gold stars like McDonalds| http://moishelettvin.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-shutdown-crapfest.html
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 9:58 AM

Answers

• rgsteel:

This happens (in my experience) because you have set the minimum font size in the FireFox settings. If you set it to "None" you will not see this display artifact.

For me, the worst problem with Mozilla browsers (I use SeaMonkey) in the composition window is the behavior of the font dropdowns (do not work correctly unless the main window is scrolled to the top). This was pointed out long ago, but has never been fixed.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:42 PM

All replies

• I'm also using Firefox 3.0.5. I can see all the controls just fine, but... well, have a look:

Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:29 AM
  • rgsteel:

This happens (in my experience) because you have set the minimum font size in the FireFox settings. If you set it to "None" you will not see this display artifact.

For me, the worst problem with Mozilla browsers (I use SeaMonkey) in the composition window is the behavior of the font dropdowns (do not work correctly unless the main window is scrolled to the top). This was pointed out long ago, but has never been fixed.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:42 PM
  • Thanks davewilk, that did indeed fix the problem. And I see what you mean about the font dropdowns.

Hey Adolf, do you have any add-ins installed which might be interfering with the page rendering? An ad blocking add-in, for example, might be blocking the images.

(For the record I'm using Adblock Plus with the EasyList subscription and I am not having any problems.)
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 8:54 PM
  • I don't have the problem any more.

With so many add-on updates combined all at once, it would be time consuming to work out what the cause was.

Thanks anyway

Gold stars like McDonalds| http://moishelettvin.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-shutdown-crapfest.html
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 3:20 PM