Flight Simulator X RRS feed

• Question

•  

I know it may be a bit off base, but I'll ask anyway since someone has likely already tried.

We sometimes run into the "clients" (re kids/spouse using them) all being used when "someone" wants to play.

That said, assuming it is not backing up at the moment or serving up files, has anyone tried running Flight Simulator X on WHS?

I know the hardware is up to the task (note that server is also using XP drivers as well since no Server 2003 drivers were available) of running FSX.

Thanks.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 2:45 PM

Answers

• Windows Home Server is not designed or intended to be used as a desktop operating system. Since it's built on top of a version of Windows Server 2003, it's quite possible that FSX won't even install. Even if it will, do you really want someone playing games on the same system that contains your important digital media, financial information, medical records, etc.?
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:47 PM

All replies

• Windows Home Server is not designed or intended to be used as a desktop operating system. Since it's built on top of a version of Windows Server 2003, it's quite possible that FSX won't even install. Even if it will, do you really want someone playing games on the same system that contains your important digital media, financial information, medical records, etc.?
    Sunday, April 20, 2008 4:47 PM
  • Thanks Ken.  Like I said in my post, it might be a bit off base!

Good point re the data.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:04 PM
  • What the ____ has playing games got to do with loosing data ? Why the ____ would you put all of your important financial and medical data on a home network (probably WiFi) that the children are connected to ? Although technically you are right, I think the question is perfectly valid, which is how I found this thread. Chill out dude, play some games and for the important stuff, buy a Mac.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 1:53 PM