Add new CRM server to a current farm RRS feed

• Question

•  

we need to add 2 more CRM servers to a farm, which current has 3 CRM servers. My questions is: do we have to take the current CRM servers offline when we do the new servers installation and configuration? Anything to pay attention to? They are going to share the same SQL/Exchange/AD on the other servers. Only CRM and IIS needed to be installed in those 2 new boxes.

Thanks for any inputs.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Sorry for my late response. We we dont need to take the existing CRM servers to Offiline. Actually we are adding new CRM server by connecting exsiting database. There is no need of downtime too.

Here is the steps that what i have done.

1. Verified user access(AD, local admin access) to the New server as per the Link . 

2. Installed CRM on the new server by connecting exsiting database(Check the license for the new server, because it is based on the edition which we are running).

3. Updateded the custmizations(configured IIS custom Websites, ISV files).

4. Verfied the reporting services.

5. Updated the Load balancer configuration on the new server.

Finally we managed to access the new server under the Web Farm.

SAFI
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:43 AM

All replies

• Forgot to mention it is for CRM 3.0

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:05 PM
  • Hi,

I also have similar kind of requirement, Can you advice on this?

Thnaks in advance !.

Regards,

Safi.

SAFI
    Monday, April 25, 2011 8:57 AM
  • Hi ,

Sorry for my late response. We we dont need to take the existing CRM servers to Offiline. Actually we are adding new CRM server by connecting exsiting database. There is no need of downtime too.

Here is the steps that what i have done.

1. Verified user access(AD, local admin access) to the New server as per the Link . 

2. Installed CRM on the new server by connecting exsiting database(Check the license for the new server, because it is based on the edition which we are running).

3. Updateded the custmizations(configured IIS custom Websites, ISV files).

4. Verfied the reporting services.

5. Updated the Load balancer configuration on the new server.

Finally we managed to access the new server under the Web Farm.

SAFI
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:43 AM