problems on list computers & remote web access RRS feed

• Question

• hi all !

I don't understand why, if i logon my dashboard from my laptop (or from my desktop), i can't see my laptop on the computer list.

I have a problem also with the remote control.

My desktop is available, but i can't access because of the wrong password ... ?!?

With remote control it should be as if I were sitting in front of my desktop pc or server ? (ovviously when available ...) But when I logon my server, it only open the dashboard ...

My laptop & my desktop run windows 7 ultimate 32 & 64 bit.

What's wrong on my configuration ?!? 

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• Do you have a password on your PC?.

Remote access requires that the user has a password. Any account with a blank password is rejected.

When logging in via remote webpage you are correct. You will only see the dash board not the remote desktop. This is as designed.

Have you joined the laptop to the server via the server/connect script?.

Dave

The Frog on the Lilypad at Home

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:03 AM
  • Hi,

Towards the computers list in dashboard, I think you could view the properties of these computers in the dashboard.

If you would like to remote into other computers, there are some things you need to verify:

1. The connection is established, in other words, the remote desktop is enabled on both clients;

2. You have permission to remote into the target machine;

3. The credentials should be correct. Credentials for target machine;

BTW, you could share some snapshots to help us to understand your questions better.

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Edited by James Xiong Friday, September 28, 2012 7:28 AM
    • Proposed as answer by James Xiong Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:49 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 7:14 AM