none
Money export corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• My Credit union updated their website. Now I get an error message when exporting to Money. It says the file I've attempted to download appears to be corrupt. It is an OFX file but I've had no luck downloading my transactions. Any thoughts?
    Friday, September 20, 2019 10:14 AM

All replies

• There is a beta version of Pocketsense that will "scrub" the file for you, and that might resolve, but the file most likely isn't actually corrupt.  I suggest opening the file in a text editor first, as you may be able to determine what is odd and causing the rejection.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 2:18 PM
  • You could sanitize a copy of a problem OFX file, and paste it into a reply to this thread. The important thing to modify is the number following  <ACCTID> in the file.

That number is not super sensitive, since that number is printed on your card, and you hand that to every waiter who handles your card. However I suggest that you change that number to 123456789012345 or 1111111111111111 or some such. That will not interfere with analyzing your problem.

If you munge up more, that could interfere with finding the problem.

Do not use a word processor, such as Word, to modify the file. Instead use a text editor, such as Notepad.

Then you can just copy and paste into a post. If you are inclined and able, you could download and use ofxanalyze on the file. Interpreting the results can be difficult.

Friday, September 20, 2019 2:23 PM