none
FolderRedirection RRS feed

• Question

• We have some users with redirected folders that are not being replicated to the server.  We cannot figure out why.  Is there some type of Poweshell script that can be ran on the clients that will compare the local copy to the server copy and kick out the issues/file that are not in sync?

This is beginning to be a major problem.

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Thursday, December 20, 2018 9:13 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:31 AM

All replies

• No.  There is no PowerShell command that can do this.

You need to troubleshoot Group Policy.  Post questions on this in the Group Policy forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:37 AM
  • I found this:

On Windows 7 machines sometimes the CSC database becomes corrupt. In the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\services\CSC\Parameters key you can set "FormatDatabase" value to 1 to reset the DB on the next reboot. Experienced similar issues with folder redirection and DFS-N. Seems very random when it happens but reformatting the CSC DB seems to fix the issue.

Maybe this will help you

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:43 PM
  • The CS database is for file replication and not for folder redirection.   They are completely unrelated systems.

GP Folder redirection is completely controlled by GP agents and happens once when the policy is first applied.  If this doesn't happen then the policy is failing. 

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:39 PM
  • "We have some users with redirected folders that are not being replicated to the server"

"that will compare the local copy to the server copy and kick out the issues/file that are not in sync?"

Because of these sentences i think that it is more likely a file replication issue rather then folder redirect, therefor i answered as such.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 1:52 PM
  • Well that is one way to read it but my money is on GP redirection which many refer to as replication when the files are moved.

Also a very large folder may take many logins to move.  Usually we pre-move large folders to prevent this.

If it is new redirection and no files ever show up at the server then it can be GP issues, server folder not set up correctly or network issues.  None f this has anything to do with scripting.

This topic needs to be moved to the GP forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:09 PM