MY.LIVE.COM Backgroung Theme RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hii..

I want to have a feature in MY.Live.com that user can change the backgound theme. From various pool of theme provided by Microsoft or by Third Party. 

Thnx

Nikhil
    Monday, August 4, 2008 4:57 PM

All replies

• A little more customization would be a nice-to-have feature indeed, also with the ability to use your own image.
    Monday, August 4, 2008 5:13 PM
  • What kind of customization would you like to see?  You mentioned background themes, were you thinking of images or complete themes that would cover content modules as well as the background?

Feel free to expand on these ideas, we'd love to hear!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:11 AM
  • Mark,

Entire themes would be nice, like the current offerings: Ocean, Granite, Ice, Pink, Green. But then add some more, also the ability to replace (background) images.  It would be nice if the user could decide everything like he can on Spaces.
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:53 AM
  • Hi Mark,

I have seen how the Wave 3 sites work by allowing users to change their themes and the header background images. This sounds like a great idea if My.Live.Com would be implementing the same style as well. The most important thing I wish to see is consistency across all the Windows Live services.

Of course, it'd be even better if it allows people to create 3rd party themes (like how iGoogle allows it) as well.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:44 PM
  • Thats great and all, but I do hope they can keep the color bars an an OPTION. The backgrounds (as shown on liveside) seem like a step back, But keeping it as an option for backgrounds AND colorbars can please everyone...

PLEASE consider this Microsoft. I rather have a clean simple look to match my OS then backgrounds
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:21 AM
  • I think you should take a few hints from igoogle. 
    Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:41 AM