none
Using clusrun.exe outside cluster's private network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

When I use clusrun from client PC ( that has access  to head node but not to compute nodes) it fails with error - "Command proxy has failed on node WHPCNODE114. Message:Task failed during execution with exit code 1. Please check task's output for error details."

When I use clusrun from head node - no problems 

Clusrun adds all my jobs remoteproxy task -> "PipeProxy \\clientPC\pipe\Hpc\remotecommand\xxx" that fails because compute nodes cant find \clientPC\pipe\Hpc\remotecommand\xxx path 

Is it possible use clusrun from clients PC ? 

Regards,

Shay.
    Monday, May 3, 2010 12:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Shay,

Yes, you can run clusrun from an HPC client. The clusrun.exe application running on the client machine contains a named-pipe server. The pipeproxy.exe application running on the HN tries to connect to this named-pipe server on the client machine. If Windows Firewall is running on the client machine and it is blocking named-pipe connections, then that will explain the problem you are seeing.

To allow clusrun to function from a client machine with a running Windows Firewall, you'll need to enable the “File and Printer Sharing" firewall exception. You can read more about this in the Windows Server 2008 Release Notes here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc514056(WS.10).aspx

BTW If you don't want to enable the entire "File and Printer Sharing" exception group, it should be sufficient to enable just the "File and Printer Sharing (SMB-In)" exception.

Regards,

Patrick

Monday, May 3, 2010 11:14 PM