Project cvs exported file format RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Where can I get information on the format of the exported cvs file from Ms project. I need to read the file and extract information and I have no idea what is what. 

cheers,

Ehsan

Monday, March 17, 2014 3:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Ehsan,

Can you be more explicit about the information you're looking for about CSV format? Exporting in CSV format, there is an option to export as well column headers which facilitates the file understanding. 

Please find below the link to the Office article about exporting an MPP file as CSV format.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/export-or-import-data-to-another-file-format-HA010352531.aspx

Note that you'll have an exporting wizard in MS Project that will guide you toward the export process, allowing you mapping columns and choosing the separator. Then you'll be able to open the CVS file with Excel or any text editor.

Obviously if you're not the one that exported the MPP file to CSV format and if headers have not been included in the export process, the CSV file might be complicated to understand.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Monday, March 17, 2014 3:50 PM