Rerunning Errors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In SyncToy 1, if some synchronizations had errors the program would display them and show two buttons: one cancelled the problem synchronizations and the other re-ran them. I found this very useful. For example, typically I would "Run All" synchronizations in order to maintain current versions of various crucial files. If I forgot to turn off my desktop search software before running SyncToy, my Outlook .pst files would not synchronize becase the desktop search software was indexing them. I could then turn off the search software, press the button for running the problematic synchronizations, and finish the synchronization.

With SyncToy 2, this feature seems to be gone. If some synchronizations throw errors and one lists the errors, only a "Cancel" button is available. Is there some other way to finish up the synchronization without either (a) starting the whole thing over again (when I'm leaving work, I have to catch a bus) or (b) tracking down exactly which synchronizations contain the files that ran into trouble and rerunning only these synchronizations? Either way, these two alternatives can involve far more files than necessary. The best thing is to try to synchronize the errors by rerunning SyncToy on them and them alone, as was the case with Version 1.

Does anyone know how to do this with Version 2. Alternatively, SyncToy developers, if there is no way, could you please put the feature back into Version 2?

Thanks.

Monday, March 3, 2008 10:32 PM

All replies

• I agree - this was a useful feature.
    In my experience, I occasioanlly had files left open (apps still running) which casued sync to throw errors. A quick close of the apps, the a re-reun of those errors was certainly faster than having to do a complete resync.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 12:47 AM
  • +1000...
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:43 AM