Windows Anytime Upgrade ( After Upgrade activation problem) RRS feed

Answers

• "Mike_Mathers" wrote in message news:eb2bf94b-b647-4481-b2a6-149390af0a6f...

NO its nothing like dell,hp.etc

Its like a homemade computer. You ask a guy which computer parts you want and he builts it for you. AND he gave me Windows 7 Genuine Built in. The Problem is I tried the Windows 7 Upgrade Thingy and I randomly Typed a false serial code then It upgraded to Ultimate. But it gave me 30 days trial to activate thing

What I want is , is there anyway to Downgrade to home premium to an earlier time .. I did not make a backup so I dont know whut to do.

Your manufacturer is require to provide means to reinstall the OS - if he didn't then he's in breach of his agreement with MS.
    Such means, for small manufacturers, are usually the disk which accompanied the key with which the machine was installed. Your Key should be on the machine's case - if not, then you were sold a counterfeit copy of Windows.
    There is no way to downgrade a system once upgraded - you have to perform a clean install.
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:28 AM

All replies

• You will need to locate your Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit DVD and product key and perform a "clean install" which entails reformatiing the hard drive.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, January 24, 2011 3:23 AM
  • I do not have a Windows 7 Home Premium CD and the Product Key.... Is there any way to downgrade to Home Premium with out the key and the cd.....

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:33 AM
  • If the computer had W7 premium on it when purchased you should either have
    a CD or a “recovery Partition” to reinstall Premium and basically revert your
    computer to “ just purchased” state.
    The key should be on a sticker on the case...

Be aware that using this recovery option will delete all of the files/work created since purchase and you
    should therefore backup/save all of it to external media.Any programs that you have installed
    since purchase will also be wiped and will need to be reinstalled...hope you have those CD’s.

On the other hand you could just buy an Ultimate key and activate it..
    your choice

The anytime upgrade screen does say “purchase”

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "Mike_Mathers" wrote in message news:7d92a8f9-5c7a-45c6-b861-16f4d13cab27...

I do not have a Windows 7 Home Premium CD and the Product Key.... Is there any way to downgrade to Home Premium with out the key and the cd.....

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:54 AM
  • NO its nothing like dell,hp.etc

Its like a homemade computer. You ask a guy which computer parts you want and he builts it for you. AND he gave me Windows 7 Genuine Built in. The Problem is I tried the Windows 7 Upgrade Thingy and I randomly Typed a false serial code then It upgraded to Ultimate. But it gave me 30 days trial to activate thing

What I want is , is there anyway to Downgrade to home premium to an earlier time .. I did not make a backup so I dont know whut to do.

Monday, January 24, 2011 4:30 AM
  • Unfortunately, the Windows 7 Ultimate edition installed on your computer is counterfeit.  In order to return to Windows 7 Home Premium, you'll need to purchase a  genuine copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and perform a  clean install.
    Carey Frisch
    Monday, January 24, 2011 5:48 AM
  • "Mike_Mathers" wrote in message news:eb2bf94b-b647-4481-b2a6-149390af0a6f...

NO its nothing like dell,hp.etc

Your manufacturer is require to provide means to reinstall the OS - if he didn't then he's in breach of his agreement with MS.
    Such means, for small manufacturers, are usually the disk which accompanied the key with which the machine was installed. Your Key should be on the machine's case - if not, then you were sold a counterfeit copy of Windows.
    There is no way to downgrade a system once upgraded - you have to perform a clean install.
    --

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, January 24, 2011 9:28 AM