CRM 2011 - Team Queue Email Address Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Forum,

I have a question regarding E-mail field on the Queue. Can we put a email address into this fields which has no associated CRM user?

For example below is my case,

1. I have created a 'Team A' whose adminstrator is a CRM user and Default Queue is 'Test Q'. I have assinged security role and added some members to this team.

2. 'Test Q' has a owner field whch is a 'Team A' created in step 1 above.

3. 'Test Q' also have have E-mail field. My question is, can we put a email address here which is not associated with any user in CRM ? what's the best practice to put email address in this field

where Queue is owned by a Team ? Does Administrator's email of the team has any impact in this field ?

I also found that Team form also have email field but by default it's not on the form. What's the significant of this field ?

we have CRM 2011 on-premise with update rollup 6.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

H.Desai

• Changed type H.Desai Monday, March 11, 2013 11:56 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 11:39 PM

Answers

• Can we put a email address into this fields which has no associated CRM user?

Yes.  One of the main purposes of Queues is to allow the processing of Incoming/Outgoing email for a mailbox to which no CRM User is attached.  This is commonly used for the processing of Group and/or System email addresses.

NB: If you are going to be configuration the Queue to use the CRM Email Router to process email for an Exchange email address; that email address must be the primary address in an Exchange mailbox; it cannot be a distribution group address.

Does Administrator's email of the team has any impact in this field ?

No.

I also found that Team form also have email field but by default it's not on the form. What's the significant of this field ?

In CRM 2011, Teams are "emailable".  You can also make your own custom entity types "emailable".  Thus, the email address in the Team entity allows you to send emails to the email address stored in a Team entity instance.

However, outgoing emails can be sent only FROM a User or Queue.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by H.Desai Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:32 AM

All replies

• Any one ?
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:56 PM
  • Can we put a email address into this fields which has no associated CRM user?

Yes.  One of the main purposes of Queues is to allow the processing of Incoming/Outgoing email for a mailbox to which no CRM User is attached.  This is commonly used for the processing of Group and/or System email addresses.

NB: If you are going to be configuration the Queue to use the CRM Email Router to process email for an Exchange email address; that email address must be the primary address in an Exchange mailbox; it cannot be a distribution group address.

Does Administrator's email of the team has any impact in this field ?

No.

In CRM 2011, Teams are "emailable".  You can also make your own custom entity types "emailable".  Thus, the email address in the Team entity allows you to send emails to the email address stored in a Team entity instance.

However, outgoing emails can be sent only FROM a User or Queue.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by H.Desai Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:44 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:32 AM
  • Hi Pat,

Appreciate your time.Thank you.

Cheers,

H.Desai

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:44 AM