Re: MS office 2003 Validation RRS feed

• Question

• When I open any office 2003 application, and click on Help, then Activate, I get a windows box that says that my product is already activated.

I do NOT get an activation wizard.

For some reason, starting today, I am getting crash and burn errors in IE 7 and one of the feedback boxes says that the problem is being caused by Office products and to get updates. I cant get updates because even though my computer thinks the Office Suite is activated, Microsoft says that it is not.

Hey, guys, I dont like being forced to buy all new hardware and softwazre just to correct bugs on the Microsfot side. I paid for my software. I activated it. Yet here I am, locked out, with no recourse, apparently.

Thanks

Chuck

Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:17 PM

Answers

• Let’s split your thread off so we may focus more attention on your particular situation.  Splitting threads are done to mitigate confusion caused by more than one posting about a particular topic allowing us to focus on each customer.  

In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool.  In turn the tool will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Also, please provide a brief synopsis describing the issue including any error messages or codes.

Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the “Windows” tab, click “Copy”, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Have you had the opportunity to run the diagnostic test?

Stephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:41 PM

All replies

• Let’s split your thread off so we may focus more attention on your particular situation.  Splitting threads are done to mitigate confusion caused by more than one posting about a particular topic allowing us to focus on each customer.  

In order to receive the best support, we request all users to initially run the Genuine Diagnostics tool.  In turn the tool will try and identify the individual issue you may be experiencing.  Also, please provide a brief synopsis describing the issue including any error messages or codes.

Download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the “Windows” tab, click “Copy”, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:03 PM
  • Have you had the opportunity to run the diagnostic test?

Stephen Holm, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:41 PM