text of the post is

For non-negative integers you can use

col NOT LIKE '%[^0-9]%'

I wrote that!

I just discovered two other threads where my replies were credited to
    someone else:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/3a7624a4-0590-4955-
    a5a4-eb32151bb34e/mssql-2008-r2-32bit-tsql-backup-with-compression-error-
    there-is-insufficient-system-memory-in?forum=transactsql#37f27644-21d5-462a-
    80d1-56c3a4428453

(Attribtued to vitor-nillo.)

and

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-
    US/sqldatabaseengine/thread/07d8f1e1-85e5-4ce0-b5ee-6dda4be89e04#79af56d3-
    98df-4800-9504-12da01e645a0

(Attribited to Danielo MVP).

All these posts were made from the NNTP bridge.

It remains to see to whom this post gets attibuted to, but I am Erland
    Sommarskog and no one else.

Martin

Mal ein GUTES Buch über GPOs lesen?

NO THEY ARE NOT EVIL, if you know what you are doing: Good or bad GPOs?
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment :))
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:23 AM
  • And of the four mis-attributed posts of mine, three of them have been attributed to other MVPs. So it appears reasonable to assume that the web service for the NNTP bridge makes a random choice of an NNTP user. My posts last night (Swedish time) were correctly attributed.

This post is made through the miserable web UI.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:43 AM
  • And of the four mis-attributed posts of mine, three of them have been attributed to other MVPs. So it appears reasonable to assume that the web service for the NNTP bridge makes a random choice of an NNTP user. My posts last night (Swedish time) were correctly attributed.

This post is made through the miserable web UI.

Some changes were made in the forums recently, because the 60-day limitation on My Threads as been reverted.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Some changes were made in the forums recently, because the 60-day limitation on My Threads as been reverted.

I think this has to do a failed attempt to solve the "missing NNTP responder" issue. If you look at a thread where the latest post is from the NNTP Bridge, it now says something like

"1 Replies | 21 Views | Created by XXXX - 27 minutes ago | Last reply by - 10 minutes ago"

The name of the last responder is missing. Previously, the "Last reply" entry would be completely absent. As before, examination of the thread reveals the NNTP bridge post, but now the post is wrongly attributed (at least in some cases).

I am baffled by the ongoing failure to fix this "missing NNTP responder" issue (it's been at least a year now), and even more baffled why an attempt to fix it seems to have backfired so badly.

I have been refusing to use the bridge until this issue is fixed, and I would now advise others to do the same, because the latest cure is worse than the disease (which itself was a show-stopper, IMHO).

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:52 PM
  • On 3/13/2014 7:23 AM, Martin Binder [MVP] wrote:

I wrote that!

If it's any consolation, this post of mine got attributed to you:

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/8d8b00a2-11b1-4e9b-aa67-9e3c840c14ab#91c2f0c6-635a-4aff-8ecc-d9e883e0a7e8

Igor Tandetnik
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:59 PM
  • On 3/13/2014 5:56 AM, davewilk [MVP] wrote:

In this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/304226cb-b29c-4609-a19a-ced809e7a863/check-valid-decimal-and-integer-values-using-tsql?forum=transactsql

there is a post using my account that I did not write.

Here's another one you didn't write:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/224f40c1-7b64-4323-8a3a-25acedba033d#d442b242-9ffc-4071-b363-d7e645a94c6c

Consider buying a lottery ticket - today's your lucky day.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:09 PM
  • On 3/13/2014 9:09 AM, Danielco [MVP] wrote:

On 3/13/2014 5:56 AM, davewilk [MVP] wrote:

In this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/304226cb-b29c-4609-a19a-ced809e7a863/check-valid-decimal-and-integer-values-using-tsql?forum=transactsql

And to add insult to injury, the post where I (Igor Tandetnik) complain about posts being misattributed, gets misattributed.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:12 PM
  • On 3/13/2014 7:23 AM, Martin Binder [MVP] wrote:

I wrote that!

If it's any consolation, this post of mine got attributed to you:

http://social.Msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/8d8b00a2-11b1-4e9b-aa67-9e3c840c14ab#91c2f0c6-635a-4aff-8ecc-d9e883e0a7e8

Igor Tandetnik

No, it's not attributed to Martin Binder and that is not me! The post you quoted was also incorrectly attributed to Martin.

Confusing, isn't it?

Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:58 PM
  • On 3/13/2014 9:09 AM, Danielco [MVP] wrote:

On 3/13/2014 5:56 AM, davewilk [MVP] wrote:

In this thread

And to add insult to injury, the post where I (Igor Tandetnik) complain about posts being misattributed, gets misattributed.

And I was attributed the above but didn't post it. Also using the bridge.
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:10 PM
  • And I was attributed the above but didn't post it. Also using the bridge.

Paul, nice to meet you again ;-)

Yes, it seems they screwed the bridge (or its authentication mechanism or whatever else). I have at least 4 posts today that were incorrectly attributed, and to be honest, I don't really care about that too much, but I really care about malicious posts that could be attributet to ME... So we are stuck again as it was after the forums redesign with no bridge at all. OMG...

Ah, btw: If the web interface incorrectly attributes, too: This was Martin Binder writing :)

Martin

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:54 PM
  • It remains to see to whom this post gets attibuted to, but I am Erland

Sommarskog and no one else.

Martin

And I'm the "real" Martin Binder and did NOT write this post... Although full ACK!

Martin

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:57 PM
  • Full disclosure: This is Erland Sommarskog, no matter what it says at the bottom.

The name of the last responder is missing. Previously, the "Last reply" entry would be completely absent.

I can't say that I've been losing sleep over that problem.

I have been refusing to use the bridge until this issue is fixed, and I would now advise others to do the same, because the latest cure is worse than the disease (which itself was a show-stopper, IMHO).

Yes, this mess is not acceptable, and I will send a mail to fissues, unless this post unexpectedly is credited to me.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:18 PM
  • Yes, this mess is not acceptable, and I will send a mail to fissues, unless this post unexpectedly is credited to me.

Miracluously, it was correctly attribute, as was the next post I made through the bridge. But the next one was credited to Stefan Blom, so I sent that mail.

This particular post is made through the web UI. (But I'm sticking to the bridge, adding a note on the top of my posts.)

Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:45 PM
  • It seems I have 3 different personalities:

Vitor-nillo:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/ed3fc01a-0222-4298-be0e-fd59838435c9/alte-bzw-inaktive-objekte?forum=active_directoryde

Gunther Lepski
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/c9d7789f-fb6a-4972-afd8-3be9d74d072a/gruppenrichtlinie-fr-ausblenden-von-bestimmten-schaltflchen?forum=exchange_serverde

Tschö
    Mark

Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server - Group Policy

Homepage: http://www.gruppenrichtlinien.de - deutsch
    GPO Tool: http://www.reg2xml.com - Registry Export File Converter

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:18 AM
  • I (Erland Sommarskog) received this response from fissues:

Do you know if this has occurred since 3/13 ~5:30 PM PST?

It seems that all posts that I have made through the NNTP bridge have been correctly attributed.

I have not checked how the "Last Reply" thing looks like in the threadlist.

Friday, March 14, 2014 8:55 AM
  • I (Erland Sommarskog) received this response from fissues:

Do you know if this has occurred since 3/13 ~5:30 PM PST?

It seems that all posts that I have made through the NNTP bridge have been correctly attributed.

I have not checked how the "Last Reply" thing looks like in the threadlist.

Do you mean that previously mis-attributed posts have been somehow corrected? I do not see this -- my My Threads is still full of posts attributed to me that I did not write. I even got credit for two answers on topics I know nothing about.

It seems that the "Missing NNTP Responder" thing is back to where it was a few days ago -- if the last reply is from the bridge, then the entire "Last reply" entry is missing (but the reply count is correct). Not fatal like what was happening yesterday, but personally I will not use the bridge until it is fixed.

Friday, March 14, 2014 1:12 PM
  • Do you mean that previously mis-attributed posts have been somehow corrected?

No, only that the problem as such have been fixed. I certainly don't expect anyone to waste his time to find and fix all the broken posts. It's after all only a forum.

my My Threads is still full of posts attributed to me that I did not write. I even got credit for two answers on topics I know nothing about.

This is unfair! I had hoped that I would be able to put some good C++ answers or whatever on my résumé, but all I could find under My Threads was the same SQL stuff that I always do.

Friday, March 14, 2014 9:00 PM
  • Erland Sommarskog wrote:

>>But the next one was credited to Stefan Blom<<

This is very annoying. I keep the Bridge installed but I only use it for viewing at the moment. I post everything in the web interface. If you want to re-post the message you mentioned, I can delete the one which is incorrectly attributed to me.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:44 PM
  • This is very annoying. I keep the Bridge installed but I only use it for viewing at the moment. I post everything in the web interface. If you want to re-post the message you mentioned, I can delete the one which is incorrectly attributed to me.

Since I was aware of the problem at the time, I added a note saying that the message was from me.

I will have to admit that I see no benefit of the users of the forum to redo the post, but if you feel embarrassed/insulted/whatever to be associated by a post about SQL Server, feel free to delete it.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:57 PM
  • To clarify, I meant that the underlying problem is very annoying. If it's OK with you, I can live with having my name next to your post... :-)

Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:05 PM
  • To clarify, I meant that the underlying problem is very annoying.

Make that past tense. I have no indication of that the problem persists. Supposedly they reverted on the change that caused the problem. See the discussion from David Wilkinson about "Last Reply".

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:13 AM
  • Well, that is good news.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 10:33 AM