none
Cannot restore to a new computer from Home Server and get files to open RRS feed

• Question

• My old computer crashed and I had to purchase a new one. I am trying to extract the information from the server to my new computer but it is not working. I tried the disk that was included but it did nothing. I then tried dragging the files to my desktop but cannot get anything to open. I have important genelogy information that I need extracted from the server but cannot get it. I am not very literate when it comes to computers so please expalin in understandable terms. thanks
    Monday, July 19, 2010 7:44 PM

All replies

• I tried the disk that was included but it did nothing.

I guess you tried to boot from the bootable restore cd/dvd in order to do a client restore from the backup of the machine on WHS?

What exactly do you mean? What did you do? Errormessage? etc.

"jake54" wrote in message news:8376f573-ab1a-4ea2-b6b6-e64fd7922d84@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

My old computer crashed and I had to purchase a new one. I am trying to extract the information from the server to my new computer but it is not working. I tried the disk that was included but it did nothing. I then tried dragging the files to my desktop but cannot get anything to open. I have important genelogy information that I need extracted from the server but cannot get it. I am not very literate when it comes to computers so please expalin in understandable terms. thanks

Have a nice day!
    Monday, July 19, 2010 8:08 PM
  • My old computer crashed and I had to purchase a new one. I am trying to extract the information from the server to my new computer but it is not working. I tried the disk that was included but it did nothing. I then tried dragging the files to my desktop but cannot get anything to open. I have important genelogy information that I need extracted from the server but cannot get it. I am not very literate when it comes to computers so please expalin in understandable terms. thanks
    You need to install the Connector software on your new computer.  Then open the Console from your new computer and restore whichever files you need to your new computer.
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:48 AM