sign in question RRS feed

• Question

• I have mesh set to sign in automatically. I don't use mesh that often. The last time I used it was about 3 weeks ago. So when I am not using mesh, I signout of mesh. But a couple of days ago, when I attempted to sign out, I recieve a caution message not to signout. So, I have left it signed in. My question is, should I have mesh always signed in, or is it ok to leave it signed out when I am not using it?
    Diana
    Friday, May 8, 2009 6:56 AM

Answers

• It should be ok to sign out of Live Mesh when not using it. I've never seen a message which asked me to not sign out so I can only guess that Live Mesh might have been updating or performing some other process when you were signing out.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:23 PM
  • It is totally up to you if you want to be signed in or not. When not signed in, it won't sync files that might be changed in your Mesh folders until you next sign in, though.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    • Marked as answer by djartsinc Friday, May 8, 2009 3:27 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:30 PM

All replies

• It should be ok to sign out of Live Mesh when not using it. I've never seen a message which asked me to not sign out so I can only guess that Live Mesh might have been updating or performing some other process when you were signing out.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, May 8, 2009 1:23 PM
  • It is totally up to you if you want to be signed in or not. When not signed in, it won't sync files that might be changed in your Mesh folders until you next sign in, though.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    • Marked as answer by djartsinc Friday, May 8, 2009 3:27 PM
    Friday, May 8, 2009 2:30 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks Jim and Steve, just wondering. I don't have any files on mesh, right now, that are worth syncronizing, but that is probably what mesh was doing. Thanks for your reply.
    Diana
    Friday, May 8, 2009 3:24 PM