Booting problems - Windows Xp RRS feed

• Question

• Rescently Windows updates were installed in my computer (approx. Aug 10, 2010) Once those updates were installed my computer takes anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes before the screen is turned on. Prior to the update, I would reboot and the Windows Xp screen would come on in less then 30 seconds. Now, not only does it take 4 to 6 minutes to show the screen I dont get the Windows Xp screen. What happens is this. I boot up the computer, all things become active (green lights) however, the screen goes into hybernation and sometimes if I manage to pull the screen up (after pushing numerouse unrelated keys) my screens pixels change to 800X whatever when the setting should be 1048 x whatever. Once the screen shows up I log in then change the display view and then click apply. and the correct setting come up. Now if I wait the 4 to 6 minutes for the computer to open the screen, the screen comes up with the correct pixel settings. I just doesnt make sense. Can you help - I did use the Microsoft Fix it Center program to fix my files and things and the performance fixer - yet it still does it. In addition, since the updates I had to reset my mouse settings that increased the opening of a file when I click. In addition, when Im in Explorer 8's email it takes longer to open. Any suggestions?
    Monday, August 23, 2010 1:36 AM

Answers

• Dear Windows XP customer,

Sorry to hear about the problem you encountered. The Microsoft Fix it Center forum is limited to the Fix it Center tool only. Please try reposting your Windows Update related question to the forum on the Microsoft Answers portal for Windows XP at http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads?filter=answered.

Regards

Daniel Chow
    Sr. Software Development Engineer
    Product Quality and Online

This email is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, September 4, 2010 12:51 AM