Noise caused by mouse movement when using USB headset and mouse. RRS feed

• Question

• On several computers we have used USB headsets, labtec I think and Bluetooth adaters with Plantronics bluetooth headsets. What we found is that when we are in a call and move the mouse, attached via USB, it caused noise in the conversation. When we switch to headsets that connect via the standard audio jacks on the computer the noise is eliminated.

We have done this on several different computers running Vista and they all exhibit similar results. I am wondering if this is a Vista issue or a USB issue or something alltogether different. We do have one of the recent USB updates for Vista applied as well as the .24 communicator hotfix.

In the end we would really like to use USB headsets and/or Bluetooth and USB mice and not have this problem.

Thank you in advance for any insights.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:27 PM

All replies

•  

I can confirm the same issue but mine is intermittent. I reboot has fixed this at times using my(Plantronics USB DSP 400) XP.

Additionaly I have experienced this issue with other phone clients. So maybe this is a USB or OS related fix. Keep me posted.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:42 PM