none
Livewriter & godaddy hosted An unexpected error occurred on a receive

Question

• Hoping someone can help, I think this is affecting not just me but most that have a godaddy hosted WordPress blog using Windows live writer to connect to the wordpress 3.9.1 xmlrpc.php as I’ve seen other posts recent on blogs around the net describing this problem.
    When trying to connect windows live writer (latest version) to a wordpress blog on a godaddy hosted installation, this error is given:

Network Connection Error - Error attempting to connect to blog at:
    [website blog address was here]
    The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

This is the error from ‘Windows Live Writer.log’:
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.1356,None,00018,28-Jul-2014 18:26:42.138,"Status: ReceiveFailure",""
    WindowsLiveWriter,1.1356,None,00019,28-Jul-2014 18:26:42.138,"System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I can connect/post from the WordPress dashboard interface
    I can connect/post from the WordPress app on Android
    I can connect/post from a blogging program called ‘Webstory’ on the same PC. OS is Windows 7 SP1 with all Windows updates installed.
    I have tried to post to another WordPress installation on the SAME godaddy hosting account, and the same error.

I can’t work out if this is a client ‘window live writer’ issue or more a server side.

Godaddy support said they haven’t a clue why, they suggested updating my PHP version on my hosting from 5.0 to 5.4 which we did but didn’t help.

Any ideas please?

Monday, July 28, 2014 11:45 PM

Answers

• Now this is totally weird, I waited 5 days, did nothing and its now working again! I bet this was a issue on the GoDaddy end.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:34 PM