none
Cannot find a valid scope in table scope_info RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to configure an N-tier sync, but have encountered the following fault:

Cannot find a valid scope with the name 'MyScope' in table '[scope_info]'. Ensure that this scope exists and that it has a corresponding valid configuration in the configuration table '[scope_config]'.

Here are the methods I am using in the web service to provision my database for sync. Am I missing something?

protected override RelationalSyncProvider ConfigureProvider(string scopeName, string connectionString) { Connection = new SqlConnection(connectionString); Connection.Open(); SqlSyncProvider provider = new SqlSyncProvider(scopeName, Connection); //create anew scope description and add the appropriate tables to this scope DbSyncScopeDescription scopeDescription = new DbSyncScopeDescription(scopeName); PopulateScopeDescription(scopeDescription); //class to be used to provision the scope defined above SqlSyncScopeProvisioning scopeProvision = new SqlSyncScopeProvisioning(Connection, scopeDescription, SqlSyncScopeProvisioningType.Template); scopeProvision.ObjectSchema = "sync"; //determine if this scope already exists on the server and if not go ahead and provision if (!scopeProvision.ScopeExists(scopeName)) { //add the approrpiate tables to this scope ConfigureScopeProvision(scopeProvision); //note that it is important to call this after the tables have been added to the scope scopeProvision.PopulateFromScopeDescription(scopeDescription); //indicate that the base table already exists and does not need to be created scopeProvision.SetCreateTableDefault(DbSyncCreationOption.Skip); scopeProvision.SetCreateTrackingTableDefault(DbSyncCreationOption.CreateOrUseExisting); //provision the server scopeProvision.Apply(); } return provider; }
            protected override void ConfigureScopeProvision(SqlSyncScopeProvisioning scopeProvision)
            {
                foreach (string table in TableNames.ProjectFiltered)
                {
                    SqlSyncTableProvisioning tableProvision = scopeProvision.Tables[table];
                    tableProvision.AddFilterColumn("ProjectID");
                    tableProvision.FilterClause = string.Format("(@ProjectID = -1 OR ([{0}].[ProjectID] = @ProjectID OR [{0}].[ProjectID] IN (SELECT DISTINCT [ProjectID] FROM [DataSets] WHERE [IsPublished] = 1)))", table);
                    tableProvision.FilterParameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@ProjectID", SqlDbType.Int));
                }
                foreach (var entry in TableNames.DataSetFiltered)
                {
                    string column = entry.Key;
                    foreach (string table in entry.Value)
                    {
                        SqlSyncTableProvisioning tableProvision = scopeProvision.Tables[table];
                        tableProvision.AddFilterColumn(column);
                        tableProvision.FilterClause = string.Format("([{0}].[{1}] IN (SELECT [DataSets].[DataSetGUID] FROM [DataSets] WHERE (IsActive = 1) AND ([DataSets].[ProjectID] = @ProjectID OR IsPublished = 1)))", table, column);
                        tableProvision.FilterParameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@ProjectID", SqlDbType.Int));
                    }
                }
            }

protected override void PopulateScopeDescription(DbSyncScopeDescription scopeDescription)
            {
                foreach (string table in TableNames.Names)
                {
                    scopeDescription.Tables.Add(SqlSyncDescriptionBuilder.GetDescriptionForTable(table, Connection));
                }
            }

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:15 AM

Answers

• you are provisioning a Template, not a scope:

SqlSyncScopeProvisioning scopeProvision = new SqlSyncScopeProvisioning(Connection, scopeDescription, SqlSyncScopeProvisioningType.Template);

• Marked as answer by Karl Dickman Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:43 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:38 AM

All replies

• have you queried the scope_info table if the scopes are actually there?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Thank you for your response. The scope_info table does exist, but it has zero rows.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:11 PM
  • I have a line in this code:
    scopeProvision.PopulateFromScopeDescription(scopeDescription);
    This line is not present in the filtered provision how-to. Could it be causing problems?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:29 PM
  • if there are no entries in the scope_info table, then the scope was not provisioned.
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:01 AM
  • If the
    scopeProvision.Apply();
    method was invoked (which it was, as I verified with the debugger), why wasn't the scope provisioned?
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 6:52 PM
  • you are provisioning a Template, not a scope:

SqlSyncScopeProvisioning scopeProvision = new SqlSyncScopeProvisioning(Connection, scopeDescription, SqlSyncScopeProvisioningType.Template);

• Marked as answer by Karl Dickman Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:43 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:38 AM
  • Thank you. This is what I was looking for.
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 12:43 AM