none
MSDN Activity shown but Experience not keeping up RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone else having issues with MSDN profiles?

My most recent blog post appears in my activity feed but my article count did not increment under Experience.

It also appears my points total is also not incrementing (the +25 for Azure <g class="gr_ gr_108 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="108" id="108">Inforgraphics</g> from 9 hours ago).

Peter - can you help?

Thanks,

Ken

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 3:46 PM

Answers

• If it doesn't catch up in a day or two I'd send an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Here is the latest response from "fissues":

We are already aware of the issue and our engineering team is actively working to fix the issue.
    We will update you accordingly.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:23 PM

All replies

• I will move this post to the MSDN/TechNet Profile and Recognition forum.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:05 PM
  • If it doesn't catch up in a day or two I'd send an email with details to fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 4:19 PM
  • Thanks Richard.
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:19 PM
  • Thanks Dave
    Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:19 PM
  • I noticed that same problem. I am supposed to get ~100 or more points for my latest activity, but it seems to remain static.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:01 PM
  • I think I may be seeing the same thing. Activities show in my profile, but points don't change.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Here is the latest response from "fissues":

We are already aware of the issue and our engineering team is actively working to fix the issue.
    We will update you accordingly.

Sunday, December 18, 2016 7:23 PM
  • I see an increase of my points. I think the problem is being corrected.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, December 19, 2016 4:34 AM
  • It did but then stopped again. I saw +150 but then the last 30 or so in activity did not increment.

Monday, December 19, 2016 4:36 AM
  • Ronen Ariely got an email from the forums team saying they believe they have fixed the problem.

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:55 AM
  • I got email too but I think they missed counting some in the last week.

Monday, December 19, 2016 1:23 PM
  • I have replied to their email and I have pointed them to this forum as they requested additional info. I also told them to hold off closing my ticket until we are sure it is fixed.

I will continue to monitor my account to make sure new points are being added.

I guess the easiest way to test if new points are being added is to have someone star one of my Gallery items (https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/site/search?f%5B0%5D.Type=SearchText&f%5B0%5D.Value=cenerelli&sortBy=Downloads) and I can star someone else's to test as well. Or if you star a Blog post it should work too.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:42 PM
  • Marking replies as helpful has resulted in total points increasing by 5 with only a short delay. I have seen it several times in the last few hours.

There is really no way to tell if all past points were included, except someone with only a few activities in the last week, and we would need to know what their total was before.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:48 PM
  • I'd agree there's certainly no way for me to know and with discussions I've had with fissues I don't think they really know either.

Monday, December 19, 2016 3:01 PM