Admin Console - Backup vs Network health RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all.  I seem to be experiencing a bug.  Might be a combination of a few that I've seen around the forum... but here's the situation.

I have two laptops configured for use on WHS.  One is XPSP2, the other is Vista Ultimate.

I had a system tray warning (legitimate) because neither had been backed up in two days (they weren't turned on).

I manually ran backups for each.  Once they had completed, I check the status. 

The Tray icon said there was still a warning, but restarting the tray app fixed that. as reported earlier.

Here's what happens when I open the console:

1. Both computers listed still say "No Backup in the last two days" with a warning sign.

2. If I selected the computers and "View Backups" they both show as having successfully completed.

3. Network Health status is Healthy - no issues.

Shouldn't the compters show as backed up if the "View Backups" and Network health say they're okay?  Seems odd to me.

Vox

Tuesday, April 3, 2007 4:03 AM

Answers

• There are a lot of notification issues with Beta 2.  Reboot the server and see if the reporting is still off.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:20 AM
  • Some testers have reported that the console straightens itself out with a bit of waiting. If that doesn't work, try restarting WHS.

I also see this bug on Connect. You should go there to validate/vote on it. Please also provide TalQ CABs for the WHS and any affected clients.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:24 AM
  • Voted and validated.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:29 AM

All replies

• There are a lot of notification issues with Beta 2.  Reboot the server and see if the reporting is still off.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:20 AM
  • Some testers have reported that the console straightens itself out with a bit of waiting. If that doesn't work, try restarting WHS.

I also see this bug on Connect. You should go there to validate/vote on it. Please also provide TalQ CABs for the WHS and any affected clients.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:24 AM
  • Voted and validated.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2007 5:29 AM