none
Parallel Validating submitted jobs RRS feed

• Question

• Short back story:

I'm running windows HPC with a custom submission filter.

Recently i noticed a long list of jobs waiting with the status "submitted", and one by one they turned to "validating" and then begin to run.

I don't remember having such backlogs in the past, perhaps due to a windows update?

n/m, in any case...

Actual Question:

Is there a way to set the number of "validators" (submission filters) the HPC uses?

I feel that with a little parallelism i can eliminate the backlogs of "submitted" and instead have them waiting with the status "queued", as god intended.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:42 AM

Answers

• Job validator is designed to start single thread, so can't increase number of "validators".

I think what you met the issue maybe the perfomance drop of scheduler which cause Job validator slow processing.

Can you check:

1. HPCScheduler service is busy?

2. Database access is busy?

3. Disk/memory/CPU are high used?

4. and aslo, whcih HPC pack version are you using? can you check HPC job scheduler log, you may know what HPCScheduler is busy on.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:03 AM

All replies

• Job validator is designed to start single thread, so can't increase number of "validators".

I think what you met the issue maybe the perfomance drop of scheduler which cause Job validator slow processing.

Can you check:

1. HPCScheduler service is busy?

2. Database access is busy?

3. Disk/memory/CPU are high used?

4. and aslo, whcih HPC pack version are you using? can you check HPC job scheduler log, you may know what HPCScheduler is busy on.

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 3:03 AM
  • It was actually a combination of 1,2 and 3.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2014 8:48 AM