nVidia 9800 GT no longer rendering 1440x900 desktop on Windows 7 64bit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Was using my computer last night without any problems. I did not download anything new, nor did I install anything new. When I turned my PC on this morning, the screen was black. I booted into safe mode, and removed the graphics card drivers(nVidia 9800GT) and rebooted. The card will not display 1280x720 or 1440x900 resolutions on my Windows 7 OS. However, when I boot off of my Windows XP OS, the card renders 1440x900 without a problem. I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers on the Windows 7 system, to no effect. Is there someway my registry is corrupted? If so, which registry keys can I look at to maybe correct the problem? I am currently running a virus scan on the drive to also rule out an infection.

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 3:48 AM

All replies

• I have a similar problem.  I have two 24" monitors connected to nvidia 9800gt running windows 7 pro 64.  The problem is the option for one of the monitors native resolution (1920x1200) is not available.  The screen is blurry when not in this resolution.  This problem is limited to the windows 7boot and this particular computer and if i boot xp, both monitors run at the native res.  To add what may be to much info, the monitor with the issue is set as my main display, it is connected via dvi.  The same monitors when they are  connected  to another computer system that is also running windows 7 pro 64 bit, have no problem in native resolution.  I re installed the most recent driver for the 9800, it did not fix the issue.  I cant tell if this is a windows issue, a nvidia issue, a monitor issue as the driver from nvidia works with windows 7 same build  on a nearly identical system.  
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:50 PM