none
Gallery: Download count went down RRS feed

• Question

• I've been watching the download counts on a few of my gallery contributions and noticed that in between 12pm and 3pm today, the download count actually decreased.  I originally thought this was because I downloaded it a few times to make modifications and those were being removed from all submissions, but I tested it by downloading it again and it went back up; so it looks like the author's downloads are not being filtered out.  Is there any other explanation for why a gallery submission's download count would decrease?
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 7:22 PM

Answers

• Thanks Rich. I did hear back from the Galleries team. It does appear to be a bug due to the removal and addition of the sample (vs. just editing it). It sounds like a fix is coming soon (maybe today if I read the email right).

• Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:40 PM

All replies

• After posting this question, my download count was at 93 for one of my scripts.  Overnight, 11 people downloaded it to take it to 104 downloads.  Now the download count has dropped back down to 93.  I have cleared my browser cache to make sure I am not seeing an old version of the site.  Is there a reason it keeps dropping?
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration toolkit
    Monday, September 5, 2011 6:13 PM
  • Here is a screenshot that I just took of being notified about the 100 downloads.  And a link to the page where it says it only has 93 downloads.

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:18 PM
  • The galleries team is taking a look at what is going on.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Happened again about 10 minutes ago.  Dropped another 7 points.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:49 PM
  • Thanks Rich. I did hear back from the Galleries team. It does appear to be a bug due to the removal and addition of the sample (vs. just editing it). It sounds like a fix is coming soon (maybe today if I read the email right).

• Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:40 PM

Two days, two bugs.  I'm on a roll!  Thanks again Sean.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:41 PM

Were the download counts corrected after the bug was fixed?

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:41 PM